We occasionally teach dance workshops, mainly when asked by groups or organisations. In the mid 1980s and 1990s we used to teach regularly at the Sborenka Balkan dance group evening class, or at events where we are dancing with the Marţişorul Romanian performance group.
In the past we taught Bulgarian and Romanian dances for the Society for International Folk Dancing (SIFD) and Imperial School of Teachers of Dance (ISTD), provided advice regarding the restructuring of the ISTD Bulgarian syllabus in the mid-1990s, and have published booklets on Romania and Bulgaria to complement the Imperial Society of Teachers of Dance (ISTD) national syllabus and Society for International Folk Dance (SIFD) silver badges syllabus (link to booklets page).
We have been members of various performing groups of the years:
- In the early 1990s, we joined the London “Mărțișorul” Romanian group that had been established by dancers from the students’ ensemble “DOINA” based at the students house in Bucharest (Ansamblul folkloric “DOINA” al Casei de Cultură a Studenților București) and remained with the group for nearly two decades.
- The London based “Balaton” Hungarian group from the late 1980s for around fifteen years.
- The “Tanec” London Bulgarian ensemble which was for many years based at the Bulgarian embassy in London.
- The dance group of the “Sonce” Macedonian society in London.
- More recently with Scoala de dans popular “Maria și Marius Ursu” in Timișoara.
- For around twenty years Nick led the “Vupros” Balkan music group .